Thursday, April 05, 2007

Excerpts

The Question: "How many people are still Christians after LFF?"

Excerpts from the comments:

-I feel closer to God to have a real biblical knowledge of him, rather than man's messed up views.

-We SHOULD question, we SHOULD look for sincerity and for spiritual leaders who aren't all about prospering financially...etc. etc. etc. I'm finally happy in church again and my kids will grow up knowing the LOVE and GRACE of Jesus Christ. Lucky them...

-We're just now (almost 10 years after leaving) getting a vision of what GRACE really means and learning to trust again. Sad to think we lost almost 20 years of our lives - almost 10 years there + almost 10 years post-LFF - to their skewed teachings. Thank God for the Christians He's brought into our lives since then who have helped us.

-I do not believe in hell or sin anymore so I am not a Christian. I believe we humans make our own hell here on Earth. And so many things are done poorly in the name of God by we mere mortals. I am more about the Goddess and peace and love and karma and good deeds and yoga and NOT judgment and negative un-acceptance which is what I got from LFF.

-not sure...not sure at all

-I have become an Agnostic. I don't know if Christianity is true, it has no greater claim to truth in my mind than many other ideas. I am more drawn to the idea of no god(s) and nothing after death.

-So really if Jesus is as judgmental as I was when I was in LFF I don't want it.


-There is so much corruption in the Christian community, that I've identified myself as a believer in God, but not a prescriber to religion

-LFF was a very sad place for me. Even my family memories with my husband and children are not fond memories for me because it is all tainted with so much depression and anxiety.

-If Christianity is based on what is taught from most of the pulpits in Evangelical or Charismatic (very little difference really), then I would have to say, No, I am not a Christian.

-It wasn't Jesus who constantly was disappointed in us and judged us daily, it was the leadership of LFF. Jesus is full of grace and would never treat us as they did. So many of you are blaming other christians for your loss of Christianity. How sad that you give hypocrites in the kingdom of God more power over your lives than God.

-God doesn't expect us to be perfect or he wouldn't have given us the gift of salvation. It was only LFF that expected perfection. I just can see that they really deeply hurt you but you shouldn't have to give up your salvation because of them.

-LFF created such a distorted picture of who God is and what his character is...the Bible clearly says that it's "God's Kindness" that leads to repentance. God is not a judging God yet...some day he will be but not yet! He does not have some hidden measuring stick that he uses to see who measures up and who doesn't nor does he have a hidden agenda.

4 comments:

Maria said...

hey, i am a christian and i love Jesus. i'm 18 and just moved to pullman and am looking for a church. a few of my friends heard of LFF, went the first week, liked it, and invited me to come with them the next week. i did. i've heard a TON of suspicion about the church, and it makes me nervous, but i've also met some great people from the church.
basically, i'm asking for specific examples of what happened. i want to be able to make some of my own judgments, rather than take people's word for it, leave, and miss out on something.
please don't take offense to any of my suspicion, i just want to hear more. thank you, and please pray for me.

Anonymous said...

If you keep going there, you'll need A LOT of prayer!! I found them to be closed minded to ANYTHING different from them, not tolerant of differences, and very two-faced. Run while you can. Find a REAL church!

Anonymous said...

Maria,
We are SO EXCITED that you love Jesus and are looking for a church while in college. My wife and I have been attending Living Faith for almost 10 years, and we absolutely love it! We think that being involved in a church while attending college is so important, and are happy that you enjoyed your first visit to LFF. If you have any questions about anything, or just want to hear what it is like being at our church, feel free to contact us at coug251@gmail.com. Or, come say hi on Sunday morning at the welcome reception. :-)

God bless you!

Bob Mitchell said...

Hi, Maria. My wife and I have attended LFF for 20 years and we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. I can't speak for others' experiences, but I can share about my own. If you'd like, grab us after service. We normally sit in the center section near the front or I'm the guy who usually plays electric guitar for worship.