Friday, April 06, 2007

Success of the blog

In addition to helping us all heal, the blog has been successful in other ways. While dealing with the establishment of Living Faith Fellowship and its puppeteers is important, spreading awareness is equally important and was one of the original goals of the blog.

Some evidence of success:

  • When you search "Living Faith Fellowship" in google, the blog is the 4th result! Here is a little more information on how Google page ranking works
  • When you search "Karl Barden" in google, the blog is the number one result!
  • When you search "Kari Vance" in google, the blog is the 7th result.
Blog readership:
  • At the time of this post, the blog has received 104,062 visits.
  • As many as 800 unique viewers a day.
We have received dozens of emails from concerned friends, parents and families of current members asking for more information regarding this church. Many parents have voiced concern over their children's level of involvement, even to the point of some students not finishing college. Others have lost touch with loved ones because their lifestyle did not align with the church's moral views.

Whatever the case, we hope that this blog continues to serve its purpose and help people make an informed decision about participation & attendance at Living Faith Fellowship. At the very least it may encourage people who currently attend the church to second guess what they hear sometimes and ask questions about why things are the way they are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to get a life.

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like the recent activity is pissing some Lffer's off. Good.

Anonymous said...

I understand the desire to justify this blog, but the truth is that the activity on the blog from December until March was non-existant. I really thought that it might be dying. I was glad to see a renewed interest in the blog. And yes, there have been a few posts from parents and concerned friends. I think you over exagerrated how many of these posts there have been. I ran the blog for the last year and I know what I am speaking about. I don't feel like it is necessary to defend the blog. It's existance and continued input is its own defense.

There are still some people out there who haven't shared their story. I hope you find the ability to come forward and tell your truth about Living Faith Fellowship.

blog on!
DPR!!! (John B.)

Anonymous said...

For several months(?) it wasn't possible to post anonymously, and maybe that was part of the reason why there were fewer comments and posts. I know, also, that I go through times where I feel emotionally healthy and free from the LFF manipulations, and am less inclined to get involved and bring things up.

Anonymous said...

To the person that wrote "You need to get a life."
Yes! You are so correct. We are here working to get our lives back! That is why we spend time here - reading and posting and commenting. We need to get lives because what we had prior to LFF was taken from us with a lot of manipulation and lying and abuse of power. Thanks for the reminder!!

Anonymous said...

yeah some people from this church really got me when I was down. I broke up with my girlfriend and they gave me a love-bomb I couldn't resist. Instant friends, phone calls and something to do everynight. Then it became something I HAD to do 3-4 nights a week. When I tried to disagree with something the Pastor said after a Carpenters lesson I was told I had something in my eye. I was then asked whether I thought the Pastor was saved because I had "obviously" questioned his heart. I dont think we should judge others salvation (either for or against) from their actions unless we want God to judge our salvation from our actions. Forget about an honest discussion though as I had obviously offended my mentor. The truth is he and many others really looked up to Phil. When I was there committed guys and girls would tell me how much they wanted to be like Phil or Joe but strangely enough never Kari. Why is that? Anyways I know this comment was random but looking at this blogs brings back some "fun" memories.